George Waggott is a Canadian Employment & Labour Relations lawyer who is based in Toronto. George has practised exclusively in the areas of labour relations, employment law, and executive compensation since 1996 and acts for employers on all workplace issues. In addition to his ongoing advice to companies, he frequently appears before the courts, mediators, labour relations boards, grievance arbitrators and employment tribunals. He also regularly acts as a management spokesperson in collective bargaining.
George is outside employment counsel to a number of employers, ranging from non-profits to multinational companies, and his role includes drafting employment and consulting agreements, advising on transactions, providing ongoing employment and executive compensation advice, and ensuring employment standards compliance.
- Who’s Who Legal – Canada: Employment & Labour (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- Bachelor of Journalism – Carleton University, Ottawa, ON
- Economics Degree (B.Soc.Sc) – University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON
- Law Degree (J.D.) – UVIC Law, Victoria, BC
- British Columbia – 1996
- England and Wales (Solicitor) – 2001
- Ontario – 2003
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- International Bar Association
Member, Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers